Friday, March 23, 2012

Tater Hill Farm Pangburn, AR

I had another fantastic visit to Tater Hill Farm, outside of Pangburn. I believe this was my 5th visit. I go every Fall. This trip usually includes my grandparents who are 95%26amp;97 and have been married 77 years. This is their annual anniversary trip. However, their health is failing and my grandfather was afraid to get that far away from home. I started a new tradition and took my 25yo daughter and 4yo twin nieces. We stayed in Americana, my favorite. Breakfast of eggs, biscuits, butter, jelly and coffee left in the frig. Americana has 3BR and 1Bath. The twins took turns sleeping on the top bunk in their bedroom. My daughter slept in the other downstairs bedroom and I slept in the loft bedroom, accessed by spiral staircase, which the girls loved to climb. As usual, Americana was spotless and very well maintained. They enjoyed feeding all the animals, including a mule, donkeys, goats, minature horses (lots and lots of them, as this is a working Minature Horse Farm. One is a dwarf named Itsy Bitsy), all sorts of fowl, rabbits. They had a ball. We went through each pasture visiting all the animals. We also fished in the pond, which is well stocked with catfish. The twins enjoyed grooming the minis with curry combs. They played chase with Dan, the goat. He chased them a while and they chased him a while. We went into Heber Springs on Saturday to look around and eat dinner. Do not bother to go to Cafe Klaser%26#39; (I think this is the name). It has a wonderful setting right on the river with views of fly fishermen. However, I did not enjoy having cats rub up against my legs on the outside deck and the food was horrible. We ate the Seafood Buffet. Everything was extremely greasy. We saw another couple eating there that was also staying at Tater Hill and they expressed the same opinion. This is a place to avoid. We also went to Gilliham Farms, outside of Judsonia. Sadly, the government will no longer allow the public to be on the farm roads due to their having access to the crops and possible tampering. This is a shame. These people have sunk many hundreds of thousands of dollars into a lake with an amphitheatre and gazebo, all of this overlooking the orchards. It reminds me of the Napa Valley of California. Wedding are help there, but no longer, after the first of the year. I did stop in their shop and get some pecan brittle and blueberry apple juice. We drove to Daybreak Farm, just down the road from Tater Hill for their beautiful view. The trees were so colorful. We drove to Lobo Landing and Dripping Spring Access for the girls to see the river.



There are several homes on the THF property and a couple more being built. These are full housekeeping homes with washer and dryer. I always wash up all my clothes before I leave so I do not have to do it when I get home. All the cabins were full the weekend I was there. THF is only about a 15 minute drive to Heber Springs.



Friday night we ate at the Pangburn Cafe. It took us almost 45 minutes to get out food here and it was nothing to write home about. I had eaten here once before and it was wonderful, but no more. They did not have any rice left for the beef tips and did not have any honey mustard salad dressing. I highly recommend anyone with children to visit THF. Dana, Steve, Barbara, Shirley and the entire crew go out of their way to show you a good time. You can also bring your pets, as each home is tiled and has a fenced area. I will return next fall and know the twins, Brooke and Shea will be my buddies next year too.



Vicki in Tennessee.



Tater Hill Farm Pangburn, AR


Thank you for your trip report. It is helpful for those of us in Arkansas to learn about visitors%26#39; trips to our State.

No comments:

Post a Comment