Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Where to stay I40

Hi.. I need a place to spend the night, off I40. I don%26#39;t mind driving off I40 a bit if nessessary. I%26#39;ve had terrible luck with accommodations around LR and need some advice from someone who knows.. Thanks Ron



Where to stay I40


What%26#39;s important to you and what%26#39;s your price range? I%26#39;ve had good experiences at several hotels in the West Little Rock area (West Markham, Financial Center/Chenal Pkwy, Shackleford, etc.). In general, Hilton and Marriott properties tend to be consistently up to brand standards; at the lower end of the price scale, Hampton Inns are generally extremely consistent; I%26#39;ve stayed at the one in Russellville several times over the last ten years and while it%26#39;s a bit quirky as far as decor goes, it%26#39;s perfectly acceptable on the factors that matter to me. Doubletree is the one Hilton brand I%26#39;ll generally avoid if there%26#39;s another option. Marriott brands are almost always fine, but IMO overpriced.



Where to stay I40


Thanks.. Just a nice (i.e. not dirty or dangerous) place. Any price will do? That%26#39;s how bad my past experience%26#39;s have been! $100-$150 would be fine for a ';interstate motel';.. Ron




So if you don%26#39;t mind getting off the I-40 a ways, you could look in the West Little Rock area, around the streets/roads mentioned before. There are a ton of hotels around the I-430/I-630 interchange -- I%26#39;ve stayed mainly at the SpringHill Suites on Markham Centre, the Embassy Suites on Financial Centre Parkway, and the Residence Inn on Shackleford, all of which are right around there, but there are plenty of other options. (I tend to lean toward suite-style hotels in LR beause I usually have my wife and 3 kids with me. ) This interchange is about 7 miles south of I-40 on I-430.





Here%26#39;s a Google Map with hotel locations -- some of the actual locations are wrong (the Courtyard, for one) but it should give you some idea of what%26#39;s around -- check with the hotels for detailed directions. Check out the reviews of each here on TA beforehand and you shouldn%26#39;t have any trouble with the hotels in this part of LR:





http://tinyurl.com/33txvc





Unless the Razorbacks are playing at War Memorial or there%26#39;s some other big event going on, I doubt you%26#39;d have any trouble finding rooms for under $100/night on weekends -- even the Embassy Suites, which would typically be the most expensive of the bunch, was only $129/night when we stayed there back in August. Weeknight rates might be a bit higher, but I%26#39;d be surprised if you couldn%26#39;t find something in your budget range.




Rackensack is right on target. If you stay at any of his recommendations, you should be in good facilities, safe areas, and close to a good variety of restaurants and stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment