Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Magic Springs vs Wild River Country

In your opinion, which one is best? I know that as far as price is concerned, Wild River is better, but I was wondering if anyone has ever been to both? What are your thoughts? I know that Magic Springs has rides and a water park. I%26#39;m only concerned with the water park section. I would like to know which park has the biggest water park. I%26#39;m trying to plan a weekend getaway for the kids (Ages 2,10, 11 %26amp; 14) Thanks!



Magic Springs vs Wild River Country


I have been to Wild River many times and Magic Springs only a couple times. Someone may correct me but unless the water park at MS has been expanded, WRC is substantially larger than the water portion at MS. The rides and entertainment compensate at MS. Don%26#39;t even think of going to either without a discount coupon available at various retailers. (I think I got my most recent at Harvest and Walgreen%26#39;s)



Magic Springs vs Wild River Country


There are pros and cons to both..



Hot springs per say is more expensive to stay in a hotel...



But, There is a lot of other things to do, if you want to enjoy the sights..



A good fairly cheap hotel in hot springs is,



www.willowbeachmotel.com



It has room for the kids to roam, a nice out door pool...



(after the water park, they might not want to swim anymore)



And it sits on the lake, a lake view from your patio...



I have recommended it to several others, and they have really liked it.



As far as wild river country, It is in a location away from most hotels, restaurants, ect...



It is a good water park, Not very much shade,



The best bet for a hotel there, would be in west little rock...



It would be only a couple of exits away...



There is a La Quinta Inn Little Rock at Rodney Parham Rd, that would be the easiest to get to, and is near some good restaurants,



It is located off of exit 8, on I-430..About five or less miles from wild river country..



Stay away from the hotels in north little rock near the I-40 and I-530



Not a good area at all...



Other than eating out, and shopping there isn%26#39;t much to do in that area..



Both areas are really pretty though..




After thinking more about it, I%26#39;d definitely opt for Hot Springs for a kid-oriented visit. As well as Magic Springs, the Mid America (hands-on science) Museum on the other side of HS from Magic Springs has always been a favorite of my child and her friends from an early age to current pre-teen). We have also rented a boat on Lake Hamilton at HS for tubing, and the kids enjoy and learn some things as they tour the restored bath house down town and view the hot springs. Fordorama%26#39;s idea about a lakeside motel is a good one. I%26#39;d go for Hot Springs.




Thanks for the replies, everyone! :-)




MissyPoo, if you decide to try Wild River Country, consider going to ';nightwater'; which actually begins around 4:00 or 4:30 in the afternoon. You get in for 1/2 price, and believe me, that is a MUCH better deal. Wild River Country is nice but not that big and does have lots of concrete, as someone else pointed out. I took my teenage niece there a few years ago, and we did nightwater. I%26#39;m%26#39; so glad I didn%26#39;t spend the money for the full price ticket--it would not have been worth it. We did all of the attractions while there and did most of them 3 and 4 times each (at least). Maybe by going later in the day, that helped with crowds. We also went during the week, rather than the weekend, which helped with crowds as well. There really isn%26#39;t a lot out by Wild River Country itself, so consider staying in West Little Rock if you go.





One more thought--a friend recently took her 3 year old to Wild River Country. She got in for free b/c of another friend%26#39;s annual pass. Her comment was that she would not have gone if it had not been free b/c she felt it was too expensive and after going, she really was glad not to have had to pay. There were things her 3 year old could do but not that many.





If it were me, I think Hot Springs might be a better choice if you are wanting something to do all day long. I haven%26#39;t been to Magic Springs since they re-opened, but my friends who have gone really enjoyed it. Several commented that they did not realize there was a water park now and wished they had taken swimsuits.

No comments:

Post a Comment