Friday, March 30, 2012

girls weekend in little rock area

I am looking for a nice hotel with spa and shopping nearby for a girls weekend - any recommendations out there?



girls weekend in little rock area


To my knowledge, there are no hotels in Little Rock with spas. I%26#39;ve just looked through the yellow pages and don%26#39;t see any mentioned in conjunction with a hotel. In my opinion, the most fun area of Little Rock to stay would be downtown in the River Market area, but the shopping there is limited and doesn%26#39;t include clothing.





The best shopping areas for clothing are either in the mid-town area, (and there really aren%26#39;t any good hotels there), or the west side of town, which is spread out over a wide area but does have a number of chain hotels.



girls weekend in little rock area


Thanks,





I suppose there are some good spas in the area, just not in hotels. So maybe we%26#39;ll go that route.





What about the McCain Mall? I%26#39;ve seen more recommendations for that over other ones. Anything that an 18 yr old girl would enjoy would be what I%26#39;m looking for.





Thanks again!




The Embassy Suites in West Little Rock might be a good location. From there you can find stores along Chenal Parkway, (my wife likes a place called Chico%26#39;s) and you can drive a very few miles to the new Mid-Town stores at Markham and University (several high-end chains), across the street to Dillard%26#39;s and the Park Plaza Mall, and you could venture up University to Kavanaugh %26#39;the Heights%26#39; where there are some unique locally owned shops. I am definitely no expert in this field, but my wife likes a %26#39;spa%26#39; in the Heights called Caracalla 501-280-0866.




The best mall in Little Rock is Park Plaza. McCain Mall has become tired and needs a facelift. As for a spa, my wife is also a fan of Caracalla. For a hotel consider Markham House Suites. It%26#39;s right down the street from Park Plaza and the new MidTowne Center.





http://www.markhamhousesuites.com/





parkplazamall.com/shop/parkplaza.nsf/index





http://www.midtownelittlerock.com/





http://www.caracalla.com/




Okay, I like the look of those sites you gave me. I am feeling like the River Market district might just be a fun thing to do on the side, instead of staying down there.





Thanks also for the heads up on McCain!




I would recommend Arkansas Healing Arts. It%26#39;s a wonderful and affordable experience in Pavillion in the Park. I usually do a student massage every time I return home for $35/hr.



If you do go there, I%26#39;d recommend lunch at Trio%26#39;s...has a green canopy when you enter.





I would definitely recommend Park Plaza as the better mall.



Unfortunately shopping is pretty limited there and you won%26#39;t find many unique shops other than %26#39;the heights%26#39; area.



If you are in that area stop in to Faux Paux. it%26#39;s a great jewelry store. There are also several more in the area that are unique!





I%26#39;d recommend staying in the River Market area. There%26#39;s more to do within walking distance.





Eat Lunch at Sticky Fingers for me!!




For a very nice, delicious dinner go to Sir Loins Inn on the NLR side of the bridge!



It%26#39;s absolutely delicious and a family favorite for any special occasions. I%26#39;ve gone there for 20 years of my life and is also a %26#39;must do%26#39; when I travel home from Dallas.




Andream I hate to break the news to you but Sir Loins Inn is no more.




I%26#39;ve been gone at scout camp - thanks for the continuing information



!







Thank you for the suggestions. I am also considering staying in Conway at a B%26amp;B, and trying out a spa there, since it is closer. Then if we decide we have to shop, we could drive in to Little Rock. Anyone tried Conway?




I can%26#39;t imagine why you%26#39;d want to drive all the way from Edmond to stay in Conway. Conway is a college town and a bedroom community for Little Rock. It%26#39;s a nice place but not what you would consider a destination for spas, shopping or entertainment.


  • lipstick shades
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment