Wednesday, March 28, 2012

lake hamilton or lake ouachita

which lake has the most recreational activities for families? looking for beach-area for kids to swim, rent jet skis, rent boat, fishing. tks



lake hamilton or lake ouachita


Lake Hamilton has plenty to do in a concentrated place and is very centrally located in town. It%26#39;s a very busy lake and a wee bit polluted..........not bad, but a bit. Lake Ouachita is a bit of a drive out of town and the activities are a bit spread out. There are a couple of web sites for locations and details. Oauchita is big beautiful and nearly pristine water. It%26#39;s may fav and so is that camping there.



lake hamilton or lake ouachita


I agree with everything Hog Fan says. But, while Quachita is more beautiful, cleaner and almost totally undeveloped, when it comes to tubing or boat recreation for the kids, I find Quachita a little daunting. It is so big and can get a little rough for my boating skills and the kids%26#39; water sports ability. I find myself almost always opting for Hamilton for kids%26#39; activities. The little lagoons are perfect for tubing and skiing and when the kids get bored, we can do something else in the city. I always try to catch Hamilton on a week day to beat the crowds.




thanks you guys. headed out today with my family, my parents, %26amp; my sis family. total of 5 kids under age of 7!!! yes we will be spending the day at ms %26amp; crystal falls. maybe the next day, we will explore the town %26amp; head out to the lake for a few hours. thnks so much

No comments:

Post a Comment