Friday, March 30, 2012

pet-friendly hotel--Fort Smith

We%26#39;ll be making a cross-country move (Orlando-Seattle) in early July with our dog. One of our overnight stops will be in Fort Smith, AR. Does anyone here have recommendations for a pet-friendly hotel or inn in a safe area? Our dog is a ';golden oldie'; golden retriever, and she%26#39;s very well behaved.





La Quinta Inns and Red Roof Inns accept pets, and Holiday Inns as well, but Holiday Inn often has size restrictions for small dogs only. I noticed a La Quinta in Fort Smith (how is it?), but I%26#39;m not sure what else is there that will accept pets.





Thanks in advance for any suggestions!





Lynn



pet-friendly hotel--Fort Smith


I am from the Fort Smith area, so I can hopefully be of help to you.





There are no La Quinta Inns or Red Roof Inns in town.





However, there is a Holiday Inn city center and a new hotel, cannot think of the name of it, but both are downtown.





We have a nice Holiday Inn Express which is in a new quiet part of town on the East side. I would highly recommend that area since it is near everything.





There is also a Motel 6, pet friendly I believe. It is on Rogers Ave., which is also in the middle of everything in town.





There is a Baymont Inn, I think it is called and a Comfort Inn which is really nice. Both are good choices. It is in the same area as the Motel 6, Rogers Ave.





If I can be of anymore help, let me know and I will do my best to help you.



Trina



pet-friendly hotel--Fort Smith


Thanks Trina! We%26#39;ll be in Ft. Smith on Wed July 4th, and we have reservations at the Holiday Inn Express on Phoenix Ave. Is that the one you mentioned on the east side? Any recommendations for 4th of July celebrations in your city?





Thanks again for the info!





Lynn




Lynn,





Yes that is the one I was referring to. It is a nice area. Wal Mart is about 5 mins from there. Grocery store, Post office, everything within a short distance there. It is by the airport, but it is not a big one.





That night there will be a huge Fourth of July celebration on the Arkansas river. That is also a historical site. It has the Judge Parkers%26#39; Court with the hanging gallows among other things. It would definitely be a worthwhile stop and the fireworks will start about 9pm I think.





Good luck with your move. If you need anything else, ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment