Saturday, March 24, 2012

Eureka or Hot Springs for mom/daughters getaway

My original idea was Hot Springs but I have been reading things about Eureka Springs on the forum, too.



So, for any of you that have any first hand info, I would appreciate if you could tell me which place we might have the best time at?



Thanks so much.







Eureka or Hot Springs for mom/daughters getaway


Eureka Springs is a great get-away. I went there for a weekend with my mom and aunts. We had a great time and stayed at one of the historic hotels. It is a beautiful town to walk through, with many unique shops and great restaurants. Plenty of places to grab coffee or dessert and visit with family. We also had a great dinner at the Mud St Cafe.



Eureka or Hot Springs for mom/daughters getaway


Thank you so much for answering me.



It sounds like it would be a great place for my daughters and I to visit.



Would you mind me asking which hotel you stayed in and for what reasons? Was it walking distance to things?



Thanks again.




We stayed at the Basin Park- my aunts (from Ark.) booked it because it was one of the oldest hotels in the area and wanted the experience. I would definitely stay in the ';downtown'; area of Eureka Springs- there seem to be many great options on tripadvisor that are downtown. As you drive in, there are many newer/chain hotels before you drive down into the downtown area. The hotel we stayed at had a definite ';antique'; feel- and we did have to switch rooms a couple of times due to heating problems and odd smells. But this was in 2002...



If I went back, I might look into other properties. Hope this helps!




Each place has lots to offer, but I think that you would enjoy Eureka Springs for your mother daughter trip. The pace is slower and the shopping and restaurants offer something much different than you would get in Hot Springs. The old hotels are OK, but he rooms are small. You might want to check out some of the bed and breakfast places available all around town. You get a better room and bathroom and a great breakfast for about the same price. The Mud Street Restaurant is good. Also check out Ermelio%26#39;s, Sparky%26#39;s, and Rouges Manor (pricey) in town. If you want to see a great sunset over Beaver Lake, drive out of town about 7-8 miles on US62 West and Hwy 187 towards Beaver Dam to the Horizon Restaurant on Mundell Rd. It has the best view on the lake for dinning and the food is good and reasonably priced. Don%26#39;t forget to drive the loop to see all the unique turn of the century homes and visit the Crescent Hotel. Hope this hepls you decide where to go on your trip together.


  • bumble and bumble
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment