Friday, March 30, 2012

Hiking The Little Missouri River and the Cossatot River

Has anyone been to the Little Missouri River and the Cossatot River? Me and my family are interested in going hiking at these two rivers. Are there any neat swimming holes? Where is the best place to hike? Do you have any pictures you can send me? We are planning on going in June 2007. We plan on tent camping at the Daisy State Park. Thanks for any information you can provide to me.





Pete





Hiking The Little Missouri River and the Cossatot River


Pete,





I have camped hiked and Kayaked the whole lengh of the Little Missouri and Cossatot River. If you plan on hiking or kayaking both then I would recommend staying at Alberts Pike Campground rather than Daisy State Park. Alberts Pike will put you right on the little Missiouri and there are a lot of great swimming holes for the fam to enjoy within the park. Cassatot Falls State park is also a must see and will give you a great idea of the power of the river. At the end of the falls if you make the hike there is a great swimming hole and some cliffs that you can jump off of. I def recommend you check those area out. I will be up there in Late may conducting some whitewater trips on both the Little Mo and Cossatot. If you want more information I would be glad to fill you in, just drop me a line and I should be able to answer any of your questions. Pray that we keep getting a lot of rain and the river will be amazing!!! The little mo is one of the most beautful floats I have ever done and would recomend it to anyone. If the water is high I would not attempt it if you are not experienced with whitewater. Other area%26#39;s of interest would be Little Mo Falls, Window Rock, and Winding Stairs. Hope this helps





Sincerely





James D.

No comments:

Post a Comment