Saturday, March 24, 2012

3 or 4 don't miss suggestions

Coming to Eureka Springs for a Mother and Daughter trip. Will be there Sun. - Wed. What 3 or 4 don%26#39;t miss suggestions. We have already seen the Passion Play.





thanks all :)



3 or 4 don't miss suggestions


How wonderful that you get to spend this time together for a Mother/Daughter trip in Eureka Springs.





Here are a couple suggestions for you to check out further





Belle of the Ozarks, Beaver Lake Cruises



http://www.belleoftheozarks.com/





Thorncrown Chapel



http://www.thorncrown.com/





Turpentine Creek Wildlife Refuge



http://www.turpentinecreek.org/





Take a Tour of the Cresent Hotel while there have dinner in the Crystal dining room or a drink in Dr Bakers Lounge then take an informative ghost tour



www.crescent-hotel.com/ghosts/index.html



The Cresentalso offers carriage rides which is a great way to see the town





Stop by the palace Bath House and reserve a ';works'; massage you wont regret it.



http://www.palacehotelbathhouse.com/bh.html





Hope that gives you some ideas.



3 or 4 don't miss suggestions


Thanks, we did the Belle of the Ozarks last time also. We were 3 car loads of family. My daughter and I loved Eureka which is why we planned this trip together. She is getting married next June.



You have helped greatly since Thorncrown and Tupertine Creek were kind of on the list anyway. We are staying at the Crescent and are doing the ghost tour and have massages scheduled. You have just confirmed for me that I was on the right tract.




So glad I could help confirm what you already knew ;-)



Sounds like you will both have a GREAT time!



Are you staying in one of the haunted rooms at the Cresent?




We didn%26#39;t request one of the haunted rooms. Should we have?




I think thats a personal preference-I couldnt in any way shape or form knowingly stay in a haunted room lol I am a bawk bawk!




I am not sure I want to stay in a known haunted room either. I have another question. We are amateur photographers. Where will we find a photo album that says Eureka Springs to put our photos in?





thanks so much for your help




Another question, what about the Keel Creek Winery?




I am sure in one of the shops you will find an ES photo Album-I just havent ever noticed before-If you dont find one you %26amp; your dd could always make your own scrapbook of your special photos.





I honestly have never been in Keels Creek Winery, I think it is fairly new-it is now added to my list of things to do for our next trip over.





Sorry not much help this go round...




Our room was acoss the hall from one of the haunted rooms which my daughter loved. We did the ghost tours at the Crescent and at the Basin Park. They give a lot of history. We have orbs in some of our pictures. We stopped at Keel Creek Winery and they do have a wine tasting which we didn%26#39;t do. They have various arts to view and purchase as well as wines. The Turpentine Wildlife is a don%26#39;t miss. We got there in time for a tour (intern explained how it works) and the 5:00 pm feeding. That was awesome as the lions and tigers roared. Our concerge suggested we be there at that time. The Blue Springs Heritage Center would be pretty if the weather had cooperated (that day and all summer), Thorncrown is a must see also. We ran in to some crossdressers at the Basin Park which was unnerving at first and then amusing and fun. No problem whatsoever. We did Onyx Cave and Cosmic Caverns which are gorgeous. We plan a return visit. I just wish Eureka were easier to get to.




Sounds like you had a wonderful time! Thanks for coming back and posting your trip report. I really enjoyed reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment