Thursday, April 12, 2012

last minute hotel booking

Hi

I know its kinda really silly to even think about booking a hotel last few days of Memorial day weekend...but my husband and I thought of a road trip and thought we would like to visit Little Rock this coming weekend.

We want to stay close to the river market area or more towards downtown.I haven%26#39;t been able to get a hotel other than those expensive ones for this weeeknd.Can anyone please suggest some economical hotel proably like $70/night and is not too far from all the fun! I just want to be sure that we live in a safe area...for that I%26#39;m even willing to increase my budget.

Last but not the least it%26#39;ll be great if someone here can suggest few fun activities for 2 days or maybe a must see thing.. which we might miss.

Thanks a lot. I hope to get some help from you guys here.. coz you all are great here at this forum :)

last minute hotel booking

Well, the reason you may be having some problems is because this weekend is Riverfest in downtown Little Rock and North Little Rock, with both sides of the river having streets closed and stages up! (See the post from Fordarama regarding Riverfest)

If you are wanting to be near the Rivermarket and downtown area most of what you will find are those upper end hotels. If you get one of the cheaper places off of the interstate you might not feel as comfortable about your safety. How far from the action are you willing to stay? There are hotels in West Little Rock but driving to and parking downtown will be a booger with the Riverfest going on! My advice is that if you can afford and can get a room, stay at the Courtyard by Marriot downtown, or at the Peabody, or at the Wyndam in North Little Rock. That way you%26#39;ll be already in the middle of the action with your car parked! But expect lots of crowds and a different atmosphere than a traditional weekend in the Rivermarket district.

last minute hotel booking

There%26#39;s a hotel right down the freeway just into the north little rock area, It won%26#39;t take 5 minutes to drive from, it does have rooms avaliable for this weekend, Around $80.00 a night, here%26#39;s the web address.

http://www.countryinns.com/littlerockar

This weekend is our big riverfest music and art festival, It ends with fireworks sunday night and has some really good singers and bands,

Like the band- live, Kool %26amp; the Gang, Dwight Yoakam ,

The Neville Bros. ,The Doobie Bros., Pat Green, The Del McCoury Band,Train, Switchfoot , Lifehouse, Lifehouse, Arkansas Symphony Orchestra. there is tons of crafts, and art booths, good food, all for only $15.00 at the gate, or $7.50 if you buy them at a harvest foods.

The river market itself has some good places to eat and to enjoy after hours, I really like the underground pubs food, and they have live bands in the evenings, The clinton library and museum is located right in the market as well. The riverfest festival goes on friday thru sunday night.


Hi

Thanks for such detailed info.. now after spending 3 hours non stop at all various sites I finally got my booking with La.Quinta Inn and suites downtown(Clarion)

I am really not sure how good or bad a hotel it is but it was within my budget and I grabbed it since it said downtown :) The reviews here have been average some bad some good...so I am quite ok with my purchase so far.

My husband and I usually like to spend our money in eating out, site seeing and doing stuff so the hotel is just a safe place to spend the night.The riverfest over this weekend sounds really interesting.I was wondering if guys can suggest some good restaurants to try.We like to hang around casual places where don%26#39;t have to dress too formal and just have fun!

Thanks for all the info you, have been really helpful.Please do not hesitate in telling me if my hotel isn%26#39;t that great ;) I will appreciate both positive and negative comments.

Thanks


Stickey fingers chicken shack in the river market is a real fun place to hang out and they have some really good chicken. I think between riverfest and the river market you should be set up for good food and plenty to keep you busy. I think the hotel you chose will be ok, just make sure to park in a well lit area, and keep your doors locked. We have a new hooters in north little rock near mcain mall, it%26#39;s not to far away from the river market area, It is just up the interstate maybe 2 0r 3 miles. But I really think the river market resturaunts are better and you can dress casual at the chicken shack and the underground pub. And since it%26#39;s hot and the festival is going on shorts and tees will be just great,, Sonny williams steak house in the river market is about the only thing that is really dressy. You will find that you wil enjoy seeing all the local people and the festival.. I%26#39;ll be there saturday night to see dwight yokum.. maybe see ya there...


The River Market is real small - just walk up and down the street and check out menus. Our current favorite restaurant is Boscos, though we always go there for lunch rather than dinner. Riverfest has TONS of food vendors, so if you%26#39;d like, you can fill up just tasting stuff.


The Flying Fish! EXTREMELY Casual and some yummy eats! It is also in the Rivermarket. And actually The Flying Saucer has some great sandwiches at lunch... it is on the same road, ';President Clinton Ave.'; (formerly known as Markham when I used to work above the Flying Saucer)


Wow!!! I am so excited for this trip and just 2 more days to go.My husband was impresed with my research and thank to you guys I was able to get all the info I need.You all have been great !!

A lot of locals here in TX told me what a pretty town Little Rock is :) I am sure with the Riverfest and so much to do around downtown we%26#39;ll have fun this weekend.

Just curious what kind of shopping places are nearby...coz a girls trip to any new place is incomplete without shopping :) any particular shop or souvenir place which I shouldn%26#39;t miss?

Thanks


Your hotel is located on the East side of Broadway at 6th Street. They have a parking deck so don%26#39;t worry about parking. The hotel has recently been converted to a La Quinta which in my experience are pretty good hotels.

You%26#39;re a good way from the River Market Area so I wouldn%26#39;t walk there after dark, I don%26#39;t advise this because Little Rock is dangerous, but after dark there won%26#39;t be many people on the streets and like any large city you have to be careful, during daylight hours, no problem. Here%26#39;s the Riverfest web site: http://www.riverfestarkansas.com/home.html

To orient yourselves get on Google Maps: http://maps.google.com/

and type in: W 6th St %26amp; S Broadway St, Little Rock, AR 72201

If you don%26#39;t want to eat at Riverfest or the RiverMarket you have three good restaurants within a couple of blocks of your hotel, I eaten at all three and they%26#39;re fine.

Starving Artist Cafe at 416 W. 7th

Ciao at 405 W. 7th

LuLav at 220 W. 6th

For additional Little Rock information go to the site of the Little Rock Convention and Visitors Bureau:

http://www.littlerock.com/


I guess we%26#39;ll reach Little Rock during lunch hour on saturday so where do u think we should head straight for lunch after a 4 hours road journey.

We want to try atleast four different restaurants which have a bar and one good breakfast place.I am not a breakfast person so we might end up sleeping late those 3 days :)

I have taken print outs of all the suggestions I got here so that I don%26#39;t miss out on any action!!

C ya%26#39;ll in Little Rock :)

Thanks


There is a mall not to far away from the river market, It is just down the freeway in north little rock, It%26#39;s called mccain mall.

here is a web site that might help.

http://www.simon.com/mall/default.aspx?ID=196

There are tons of places to eat around the mall as well.

chili%26#39;s, red lobster, olive garden, hooters, ect... and a target, wal-mart, atypical every town kinda stores... I f you get the chance drive out to west little rock, It is the best side of town...richer area...Just go straight down cantrell behind the peabody hotel and it will take you straight to the west side of town...

  • structuretoptr
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment