Monday, April 23, 2012

Just a few more questions...

Well here I am, back again. We are booked to arrive at Buffalo Point September 15 - I am so excited! Finally! Seemed like the summer would never end!





I%26#39;ve been trying to keep up with the river levels - it looks like it is pretty low. I am hoping you guys get some rain before then. If not, well, we will have fun hiking and enjoying the views.





So, trying to consider other things to do, what do you recommend?





We are looking at all the different caves available - Hurricane River, Blanchard Springs, Bull Shoals, etc... which one do you recommend - if we could only see one?





I am going to take my 9 year old searching for some ';gems';... she is a rock-aholic. I found several for crystal/quartz: Fiddler%26#39;s Ridge, Wegner%26#39;s, Arrowhead, etc... and then there is also the C of D State Park -- any one of these outshine the others (or is there one I didn%26#39;t mention that is better?). I want it to be fun for a 9 year old, but also enjoyable for an adult as well.





We probably will skip over the Hot Springs spas this time, as we will have the baby and the 9 year old with us. We may do a couple%26#39;s weekend another time. But what about Magic Springs? Is it pretty good? It seems to be pretty popular. Or the Science Museum and/or aquarium? We%26#39;ve been to the New Orleans aquarium (which is / was fabulous) so many times, that I%26#39;m not chomping at the bit to see another one, but if it%26#39;s exceptionally good, I may take a chance. But really - how many fish can you look at? LOL





The Ghost Tours in Eureka Springs?





The Arkansas Missouri Railroad - the Van Buren to Winslow route...





Okay alot of questions, but because we are traveling with a baby, I have to plan everything so that we can schedule in naps, etc... And I want to make this a great trip, we only take faily vacations every other year.





Any opinions and advice is so appreciated! This forum is always so helpful - trust me I read it all!!!







-- Erin



Just a few more questions...


hey,,, Stay away from the aquarium in hot springs, It is truely sad... As far as Magic springs, They are open only weekends by then.



http://www.magicsprings.com/park_info.html





As far as the caves, i like Blanchard Springs, ...



And the ghost tours sound fun....



as does the train...



I might have to try that one .... I hope it cools down a bit by september 15th, and a little rain would make it alot better as well..



Just a few more questions...


I%26#39;d second the recommendation for Blanchard Springs as the cave to have if you%26#39;re having only one. It%26#39;s the best cave experience I%26#39;ve ever done.





I%26#39;ve never been to the aquarium in Hot Springs, but from the exterior, I%26#39;ve never seen any reason to go in. I like the Mid-America Science Museum -- my kids (6 and 4 at the time) enjoyed it the last time we went, about 3 years ago. We skipped it when we were there a couple of weekends ago only because we couldn%26#39;t work it into a pretty busy schedule of family events. If you have an hour or so to spare, the Visitor%26#39;s Center in Hot Springs National Park, in the old Fordyce Bathhouse on Bathhouse Row, was well worthwhile. It%26#39;s restored to what it would have been like in the early 20th century, and the kids (9 and 7 now, plus the 2.5 year old) also enjoyed it.





Have a great time!




Thanks guys! Blanchard Springs looked like the best to me, as well. We will skip over the aquarium - that is pretty much what I figured. If you are ever in New Orleans, the one there is exceptional. Well, it was before Katrina, I haven%26#39;t seen it since last summer, so it might not be back up to par yet. I know almost everything died.





Has anyone ever heard of the Duck Duck Goose sale in Little Rock? I am considering staying an extra day or two to check that out, it looks like it might be fun - I love stuff like that. I was just wondering if anyone had ever been and if it was pretty good?





Well you guys, thanks so much for the information!




The duck, duck goose sale is awesome if you have kids. I know that they only take really clean nice things to sale. You can get a lot of name brand gently used clothes at a great price... And I to have been to the aqarium in New Orleans at , it would be hard to top that one... There is one in Atlanta that is suppose to be really nice as well...




Blanchard Springs are your best bet. You should really consider the ';Wild Cave Tour'; there. You need to make reservations in advance (at least a couple of days before you arrive). At that time of year only the ';Dripstone Trail'; is open - while beautiful an not to miss - it is the shortest of the tours. The ';Wild Cave'; will take you deeper and further.





You should also stop in downtown Mountain View for the crafts (and music on weekend evenings). If you want to hike - I%26#39;d head the to the Syallamo Bike Trial near Blanchard. The White River loop is excellent for hiking and there aren%26#39;t that many bikes where you need to worry about getting run over. You can also head up to Calico Rock for some beautiful views of the White River and Ozark National forest from the bluffs there.




I was in Hot Springs for a press convention last month and a couple of us went into the aquarium as we had some time to kill. Wasted $12 and 30 minutes. We could%26#39;ve killed time just as well sitting on one of the benches along Park St. DON%26#39;T WASTE YOUR TIME!!!!!!!


  • eye color
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment