Saturday, April 21, 2012

Eureka Springs in Jan

I have never been to Eureka Springs. My husband and I need a weekend getaway before I start the invitro process. Are restaurants and shops open at the end of Jan? I am thinking about staying at the Grand Hotel. Any suggestions will be appreciated.



Eureka Springs in Jan


I am not familiar with the Grand Hotel. We have stayed at the Crescent Hotel (the big one that%26#39;s at the top of the mountain----somewhat of a crown jewel.) My advice is to visit the Crescent, have a drink in the top floor bar, and even do the ghost tour. I would not reccommend staying there. My husband and I were not that impressed. I would rather spend the money on one of the many very nice bed %26amp; breakfasts in town.





We have stayed at Rock Cottage (very nice, small, and private--yummy breakfast) We have also stayed at Heartstone Inn (larger, roomier, nice rooms, good, country breakfast, beautiful deck to sit out and watch the hummingbirds) We have also stayed out of the town area at Red Bud Valley (private, small lake to paddleboat on, log cabin to ourselves) I perfer in-town. My husband likes to be out near Beaver Lake.





Restaurants - Ermillio%26#39;s.....it%26#39;s a must! Another place for lunch is the Balcony at the Basin Park Inn. We also ate at a nice restaurant (steaks and such) that overlooked Beaver Lake. I can%26#39;t remember the name of it, but it was good.





Shopping - the BEST store in town is Delphia%26#39;s Dreams. Super, unique jewelry...she will wheel and deal.......There are two different stores in town. Check them both out. It is the ONLY place that I buy jewelry. I also shop at e-bay with her store there. I highly reccommend it.





Have fun. Enjoy the trip. There is no place quite like Eureka Springs. I really liked going to the Historical Museum and learning about the town%26#39;s past. Good luck on in-vitro.



Eureka Springs in Jan


We spent out honeymoon in Eureka Springs 13 years and 3 days ago! We go back just about every year during thsi time. There will be some stores and restaurants that will be closed, but you will LOVE it. This time of year is very quiet and peaceful. Perfect for a romantic getaway. Also, if you are there on a Sunday morning, the Crescent Hotel has a fabulous Sunday Brunch. It%26#39;s a ritual for us!




  • eye color
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment