Monday, April 23, 2012

water falls

Is there any water falls in the state hopefully close to Hot Spring that my family and I can swim in?



water falls


Tim Ernst is Arkansas best nature photography and guide. He has written and/or published several guides on this exact topic.





Go here:





store.cloudland.net/merchant.ihtml…





And look for his Guide to Water falls and another one for swimming holes. They are accurate and full of good information and directions.



water falls


The website that Zebras23 listed is the best and only resource that I know of for what you are looking for. With that said let%26#39;s get to the bad news. Arkansas waterfalls are rain dependant. Most of the pictures you see in the books are either in the fall or spring after substantial rains. Also many of the swimming holes in the book he published are not swimming holes this time of year. If you are looking at coming in a month or two there will hopefully be no problem. (My personal disclaimer) I am not an expert on the entire state and there may be a couple of places that are decent but check before you go.




That is a good point... We are way behind on rainfall...ANd you can never tell if we will be caught up a little by then.



I know that there is a waterfall at petit jean mountain state park.



I think it is not depended on rain as much.




Thanks everyone checkout my updated itinerary.

No comments:

Post a Comment