Saturday, April 21, 2012

Sunday Brunch

Saw a note in one forum reply about Sunday brunch -- what are the great Sunday Brunch spots of LIttle Rock? Another note mentioned there wasn%26#39;t much open on Sunday mornings -- so I would really like the help on this as we%26#39;ll be visiting this weekend! Thanks!



Sunday Brunch


This is RiverFest weekend so anything downtown will be very crowded. One possibility would be Loca Luna. (501-663-4666) on ';Old Cantrell Road'; fairly near downtown but far enough away to avoid the crowds. It is a trendy kind of place and a fun atmosphere with pretty good food and drink. For a different kind of brunch experience, travel about 45 minutes to the venerable old Arlington Hotel in downtown Hot Springs...full plates of smoked salmon, waffles and blintzes and omelets cooked to order with live piano music. They even had a hot donut station on my last visit. Then walk it off with a stroll in the national park!



Sunday Brunch


You might try Boscos in the River Market. Downtown will be packed, but maybe not too bad for brunch. Another good choice is So, which is in the heights about 5 or 10 minutes from downtown. Other than those two (and Loca Luna, which was just mentioned), nothing really pops to mind. If I think of something else, I%26#39;ll post it.




Well, geez, I forgot the most obvious answer. The Clinton Library apparently has a wonderful Sunday brunch. I haven%26#39;t tried it yet, but it gets great reviews.




Thd Sunday brunch item that started this question was the Clinton library -- I thought I%26#39;d look for alternatives due to the large numbers expected for Riverfest. Thanks, local experts, for your wonderful ideas. You%26#39;ve been so helpful I%26#39;m motivated to try and answer questions about the DFW area -- but as a relative newcomer I%26#39;m still learning a lot! Guess I can try, anyway.


Hope you both have a great weekend wherever you spend it!




Forgot my wife%26#39;s favorite Sunday dining spot, though I%26#39;d hesitate to call it ';brunch';. The Star of India, (501-227-9900) 301 N. Shackleford Rd, has a to-die-for Sunday buffet with a mouthwatering all-you-can-eat array.




Sounds great, we love buffets. Is it heavy on exotic curry and spices?




Regarding Star of India and their Sunday buffet: The spices are distinctive and I would say exotic, however the food is not fiery. I used to know the area of India which influences the Star%26#39;s food. At the buffet you will find great Tandoori, my daughter%26#39;s favorite Chicken Korma, lamb, great assortment of vegetable dishes including sag paneer, much more and all cooled off by chilled Raita salad and rice pudding. The nan bread is cooked at an oven at a window behind the buffet line. Sammy wil greet you, and will probably remember your name next time you return. Free fennel seeds on the way out.




I have to vouch for Star of India! GREAT food anytime, not just sunday. Sami Lal is the hardest working man in the business....



We like Shorty Smalls on Rodney Parham for a very casual sunday brunch with 50-cent mimosas.



Clinton Library brunch was good, but Boscos was better!

No comments:

Post a Comment