Thursday, April 19, 2012

I-55/I-40 hotels

We will be travelling from Milwaukee to San Antonio in June and would like to stay some place enroute that is nice (kids would like internet access) and safe but not necessarily in a city - probably closer to Memphis than to Little Rock (just because we%26#39;ll be ready to get out of the car sooner rather than later). Does anyone have any suggestions for a good stopping place along our route?

I-55/I-40 hotels

Don%26#39;t get caught in that wasteland between Memphis and Little Rock is my only advice. Zero ';nice'; accomodations between those cities.

I-55/I-40 hotels

Thanks for that information. How about north of Memphis? Any place you recommend?


I%26#39;m assuming you won%26#39;t be coming through to actually visit Memphis, but if you are I would stay in West Memphis and pop across the river for a meal in downtown. West Memphis is basically the home of truck stops. Not a nice place but if you are wanting a cheap stay at a motel chain it is fine. Marion is a town just north of West Memphis (practically the same town) but it is away from the truck stop haven. You might be able to find some chains there. and it%26#39;s still close enough to Memphis so you can drive in and experience some amazing barbecue and a walk down Beale Street.


Several decent motels in Blythville on I-55 just south of the MO line.


There are some hotels in Lonoke Ar, along I-40 east about 2 1/2 hours outside of Memphis, that are fairly new %26lt; 5yrs old. Only fast food places for eating, and most are not open after 10 or 11 pm. though. There is a McDonalds next door to the hotels though, and other eating places to the right after you come off the interstate if heading east. The hotels will be to your left over the interstate. Good luck!


There are some really nice places to stay in Blytheville approximately 55 miles north of Memphis. The Holiday INN is very clean and safe it has an indoor pool. Olympia restauraunt is good as well as the Cotton Patch buffet that serves a real southern buffet.


I appreciate all of the information. Thanks!

  • eyeliner
  • how to own a foreclosure home
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment