Thursday, April 12, 2012

Hotels in / around Bald Knob

Can anyone tell me what the nicest place to stay in Bald Knob is? It could also be in a nearby town. I am looking for a hotel or nice bed %26amp; breakfast.



Hotels in / around Bald Knob


I live over an hour from Bald Knob and only go there to pick great strawberries with my wife and daughter once a year or so. So I do not have good first hand knowledge of the accomodations there. I have poked around and called a couple people and the recommendations for best accomodations seem to lean toward commuting the about 15-20 minute drive from the city of Searcy, Arkansas. The Searcy Hampton (501-268-0654) comes up...a recent $5,000,000 remodel of that older property is mentioned as is the Comfort Suites (501-278-9922) which is apparently Searcy%26#39;s newest. I have not gotten wind of a good B%26amp;B in the area but will keep trying.



Hotels in / around Bald Knob


Thanks Jimjade! That is really helpful. I did make a provisional booking at a place in Augusta called Mary%26#39;s River Bed %26amp; breakfast, really because I think it%26#39;s more fun to stay with real people instead of giving my money to an impersonal chain hotel...but I may live to regret this decision.





If I may impose on you once more...Do you have any favorite dining spots in/around Bald Knob? I have heard that there%26#39;s great barbecue to be had at The Bulldog (?), and excellent creole food at another place (Dixie cafe?...can%26#39;t quite remember the name). I will be sure to pick soem strawberries, even though here in England we are just starting our own ';pick your own'; season!




Palomba: Unfortunately I fear the famous Bald Knob Strawberries will be turning to seed by the time you arrive. I got what was said to be the last of the local berries a couple weeks ago. I totally agree with you about B%26amp;B%26#39;s vs faceless chains. Let us know how Mary%26#39;s turns out. How soon are you leaving for Bald Knob? I have a buddy I will see Monday at work who is from BK and will give me the scoop on area eats.




Dear Jimjade,



I am leaving England on Tuesday morning, and arriving in Bald Knob on June 30th for two nights.





I will be in touch with my hubby who can check my messages for your dining suggestions.





Many thanks for your response. I hadn%26#39;t realized how far in advance of the English berry season yours is! The heat is pretty powerful in your part of the world, I suppose...just checked and it was in the 90%26#39;s...how to dress in such heat?





Many thanks again



Palomba




Blackberries, Blueberries and Peaches remain plentiful so maybe you will encounter those in the area you are staying. By the way, you might leave an extra hour or so before your plane leaves to check out the New Clinton Presidential Center. It%26#39;s right on your way to the Little Rock Airport.




Thanks Jimjade...will do!




As far as the heat, It really can be hard on people that are not use to the heat combined with the humidity. So dress lightly, shorts, sandles. Make sure if your outdoors to drink lots of fluids. Mu husband works in searcy and it is a nice town with bad traffic at certain times of the day. Searcy has a quaint little place next to the harding university campus called Doc%26#39;s grill. located at 1301 E Beebe Capps Expy, searcy arkansas. Searcy is a christian college town. And in Bald knob there is a restaurant called whodat%26#39;s cajun restaurant that is good. It%26#39;s located at 3207 Hwy 367 N, Bald Knob, AR . Be sure to wave as you pass cabot arkansas on your way to bald knob...




Fordarama, Thanks to you, too!




Fordarama, do you have a lodging suggestion?




Here%26#39;s a bed and breakfast that is in searcy , I hope that it is still in business.



http://www.innsite.com/inns/B010569.html





Set in a remote location, Cedar Hollow is the perfect retreat for a family looking to get away or a couple needing a break from life%26#39;s hectic pace. A 1,500 square foot cabin, Cedar Hollow is unique as a bed and breakfast in one major way: privacy. You have the entire house to yourselves, complete with kitchen and laundry facilities for extended stays. Enjoy listening to the whipporwills in the evening on the front porch, or relax in the hammock for an afternoon reading spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment