Thursday, April 12, 2012

Allagator farm / aquarium or neither?

I am from chattanooga and we have a huge aquarium and I have been to several aquariums. Is teh one in hot springs anything speacial? Will I enjoy it since I have been to many or will it be alot like others around the south (ripleys aquarium, Chattanooga aquarium, Virginia aquasrium etc.)?





What about the allagator zoo? is it any good? I love zoos even small zoos that are nice. I hate zoos with small cages though!





Should I pass on both of these attractions? Should I do one or the other, both or neither?



Allagator farm / aquarium or neither?


I think they are kinda run down..and cheesy..It%26#39;s been years since I went to them.....But I really think you would be disappointed.



Allagator farm / aquarium or neither?


Another thing to do is crystal mineing..It%26#39;s a different kind of thing to do. here%26#39;s a link for it as well.



arkansas.com/things-to-do/crystal-hunting/




dont know about the farm, but the aquarium is awful compared to the ones you%26#39;ve been to. Very small, and I came away from there heartbroken seeing so many beautiful animals in tiny enclosures with hardly any room to move.




WOW glad I asked then.





I will pass them up with confidense.





Crystal mining? Has anyone else done this? what is it like, how long do you plan, a full day?




I have not tried crystal mineing....I would say a half a day or so,



Do you know about the diamond mines? It%26#39;s called the crater of diamonds state park,



http://www.craterofdiamondsstatepark.com/



It is sixty miles from Hot springs though, But it is kinda fun ...




Neither the Hot Springs Aquarium or the Alligator Farm are outstanding attractions. As for crystal mining; if you%26#39;re interested in minerals and you enjoy digging in the dirt on hot summer days it might be just your ticket. This also applies to the diamond mine although the lure of actually finding a gem makes the discomfort bearable for many. Here%26#39;s the diamond mines site:



arkansas.com/things-to-do/diamond-hunting/




well, remember it won%26#39;t be all that hot by his visit in september... Some people like the outdoors....I think you will find september in arkansas quite nice....




Yes some folks do like being outdoors. The average high for Arkansas in September is 85, but chasm4u is from Tennessee so I%26#39;m sure he/she is familiar with temps. in the Southern U.S.A.





chasm4u you say you like zoos, come to Little Rock and visit our zoo. The zoo has made great strides in the last couple of years and is well worth the one hour drive from Hot Springs.




We actually may visit the little rock zoo IF time allows on our journey back home.





Are their more than one place for the crystal mining?Which one is cheapest or best. I think 60 mile for one attracion is just a little far. I think we will do the crystal mining instead of diamond mining.. I love the outdoors AND I love getting dirty and I love rocks and minerals. We love looking for shells on the beach, and we are constantly looking at the ground for interesting things as we hike SO I think we might love the crystal mining.





We are going to hot springs seeking the following Nature excursions/ beuty/ neat tourist traps that are worth the money and the roller coasters and action of magic springs, we are camping as well so yes we love the outdoors!!




Just got back from hot spring%26#39;s and we visited the alligator petting zoo.. the boy at the desk was rude but other than that if your not around animals this would be great but im from oklahoma and there were lots of goats, deer, wolves, turkey%26#39;s, monkey, racoon, something i see almost everyday only thing different was they werent%26#39; scared of you.. the alligators never moved i thought most of them must have been fake and there were just a few that weren%26#39;t?

No comments:

Post a Comment