Thursday, April 12, 2012

Wedding at Thorncrown and Places to Stay

My fiance and I have Thorncrown Chapel in August 2006. Has anyone had/witnesses a wedding there and could give me a review? Also, we wish to stay in the mountains in a VERY secluded four-five star cabin if possible. Any ideas? thanks!



Wedding at Thorncrown and Places to Stay


Congratulations on your wedding! My fiancee and I are also getting married June 2006. I have been to a wedding at Thorncrown, and it was lovely. If you can arrange to have it at sunset, that%26#39;s the best time.





I don%26#39;t know about the combination of ';very secluded'; and ';4-5 star'; - there are quite a few cabins around Eureka Springs, but I don%26#39;t know that I would call any of them four or five stars. If you come up with a place you think looks like what you want, post it and I%26#39;ll tell you what I know about it.



Wedding at Thorncrown and Places to Stay


Thorncrown weddings are awesome. I%26#39;ve been to a couple. You have nothing to worry about. I%26#39;ve never had a great B%26amp;B experience at Eureka although I%26#39;ll bet others have. I just tend to pick the wrong ones. It%26#39;s a fun town though. My favorite NW AR place to stay is Inn at the Mill at Lowell. Unfortunately development has risen nearby, but it is a neat old mill attached to a wonderfully designed hotel and restaurant by acclaimed architect James Lambeth. The hotel has some great suites, including an intriguing ';Frank Lloyd Wright'; Suite and several others. The restaurant James at the Mill is beautiful, consistently voted best in Arkansas, and can compete with the finest multi-stars anywhere, in my view.




I was married at Thorncrown 6 years ago last week. It was very nice and the staff are very helpful in explaining everything in advance. The only caution I can think of is they schedule several weddings a day so be sure everyone is on time and you%26#39;re not waiting on the best man or groom to arrive ;)As for secluded cabins, try Silver Ridge Resort. Nice cabins and very secluded. http://www.logcabinescapes.com/




Chantilly Lace Inn (www.chantillylaceinn) is also a great place to stay. The suite called Micah%26#39;s Somewhere In Time has a sunroom, living area, private screened in back porch, private entrance of course, jacuzzi tub and separtate full bathroom. The bedroom is very romantic and you are in the historic district of ES. So you can do as much as you want or as little as you want. Lakes are only about 10-15 minutes away. I suggest the beautiful trail around Lake Leatherwood which includes walking over the dam.




INN AT THE MILL, JAMES AT THE MILL IS THE RESTAURANT. It is located just North of Fayetteville, Ark off I-540. Take the Johnson Exit as it is located in the town of Johnson. It is located on Greathouse Springs Road. There is the remains of an antebellum water mill there. It was used for grinding for all those around whose corn and other grains were needing to be ground and made into flour or cereal. Many celebrities of renown stay there. The food is very good. Phone number is 479-443-1800. I know of names stayed there but will not drop them. You may see someone highly recognizable. The suites are wonderful but no cabins.

No comments:

Post a Comment