Thursday, April 12, 2012

Cricket Cottage

Has anyone ever stayed at Cricket Cottage? Looks nice on the web (http://www.eurekavacation.com/cricket/).



Cricket Cottage


I know right where it is...and I am familiar with the cottage, but I%26#39;ve never stayed there and don%26#39;t know anyone who has. I could be very wrong, but I%26#39;m thinking it%26#39;s newer lodging. I don%26#39;t remember that cottage ever being lodging in summers past. I looked around the website and the other properties in the same group - having done that, I wouldn%26#39;t hesitate at all in booking the Cricket Cottage if you think it looks nice. It%26#39;s been my experience in the years we%26#39;ve visited Eureka that pretty much what you see is what you get. If it looks like a sweet little cottage, it will be a sweet little cottage. I%26#39;m familiar with some other properties in that group and they are all very nice. And seem to be well-maintained, etc.





As for the location of Cricket Cottage, that can%26#39;t be beat. It%26#39;s just right down town...which is great for great shopping and good restaurants!!



Cricket Cottage


I have stayed there before but it%26#39;s been about 4 years. It is in a perfect location and the new owners have really fixed it up nicely. It was nice when I stayed there but it looks even better now. Definitely a good place to stay for a Eureka trip.




Thank you both for the information! I look forward to our stay.




Just to report back - the Cricket was very nice! My husband and I enjoyed our four night stay there. It is on a VERY steep hill, but once you get to the top of it, there%26#39;s a great Italian restaurant around the corner! (Ermilios, I think.) Anyway, the cottage was clean, and as pictured. The only thing we found a little annoying was the air conditioner was really, really loud. We would definitely stay there again, however!

No comments:

Post a Comment