Friday, March 23, 2012

DeGray Lake

Has anybody stayed at the DeGray Lake Resort in Bismarck, Arkansas off Scenic 7?



DeGray Lake


I%26#39;d also like some info on that resort. I recently saw an ad for it and it looks great. I%26#39;d hate to drive that long drive from New Orleans, LA if it really isn%26#39;t that great.



DeGray Lake


I am assuming the resort you refer to is DeGray Lodge at DeGray State Park. Though it has been quite a while since I stayed there, it continues to have a great local reputation. I honestly have never heard anyone from any walk of life speak of it in any way but positively. Arkansas has some challenges to overcome in several important respects, but in State Park Facilities it excels. I have stayed in most of them and they range from this water-oriented resort - a handsome lodge and facility at DeGray - to more rustic but well-run lodgings at Petit Jean and Nebo Mountains, to their new crown jewel at Arkansas%26#39;s highest point, Mt Magazine State Park, where I am headed soon. I do not think you will be disappointed by DeGray Lodge.




Ditto to what JimJade said.





We used it for a family reunion 7-8 years ago and it was great. Reasonable price, good location, nice space. Great access to recreational opportunities of all kinds.




I%26#39;ve stayed in Degray Lodge a couple of times, the last being two years ago. It%26#39;s a beautiful location, and the building itself is first-rate. The lodge is a great place to stay, better in the summer of course, when you can go swimming and boating on the lake, or enjoy the lodge swimming pool. When I stayed there the rooms were very nice and comfortable...the restaurant is good but limited menu, since it only caters to the lodge guests, and limited hours. You can go into Arkadelphia for a bit of variety if the restaurant doesn%26#39;t have your liking.


  • bumble and bumble
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment